Or on your calendar.
Too many maintenance items are based on mileage, not on a time or day.
It’s good to put a date on a calendar to remind yourself to check miles, but if you guess wrong, you may have missed an tiny problem until it became a catastrophe on the road.
That’s why any trucking management software you need can’t just track dates or miles – it must track both.
In fact, a software that does only one or the other is creating a problem for you. You need a trucking management solution, not another piece of software that will demand you duplicate your data entry.
Trucking Management Solutions
No question about it, your trucking business is built on the equipment. But it’s far from the only part of the business.
You’ve got several separate components. Like a truck with an engine, a transmission, a steering system, and a suspension system, a truck fleet manager has
- the administration team who makes sure there are truckers and loads
- an accounting system to send and collect the invoices and pay the drivers
- drivers on the road
- equipment management – maintenance and repairs.
All of them are necessary for a trucking fleet.
Could you imagine having different software for each one?
- An invoicing and accounting program.
- Routing and dispatch program.
- Personnel management software.
- Maintenance records and management.
Sure, some fleets do exactly that. And their managers have to try to reconcile each of them to the other. That’s a problem.
Trucking management solutions – not software packages – are what every fleet manager and builder need.
For Example, Maintenance
How many trucks can one fleet manager track in their head?
I don’t know. It’s not a joke, it’s a real concern. Safety is too critical to be guessing if new tires are needed. Finances are too tight to replace the tires on a trailer that doesn’t need them yet.
TruckingOffice truck maintenance software takes the hassle and guesswork out of keeping your vehicles in top shape. Maintaining your fleet is vital for many reasons, the most important being safety. You don’t have to be a professional trucker to understand that big rigs can cause a lot of damage when poorly maintained. You show yourself to be a responsible businessperson when you take proper care of your equipment. That’s not to mention financial penalties like fines and exposure to crippling lawsuits. As you know, there’s an army of lawyers out there just waiting for a wreck to occur.
Truck Maintenance Software is a part of the Trucking Management Solution
Our truck maintenance software can save you from costly fines, crippling lawsuits, and even loss of clients. That’s because it offers powerful features like these:
- Automatic updates that tell you when mandatory maintenance is due on a particular vehicle. If you’re like most people, you may find that your memory isn’t always reliable. Fortunately, TruckingOffice never fails and never forgets. Think of it as your electronic business partner, one that’s working for you 24/7.
- Across the business application. TruckingOffice isn’t just for the maintenance crew or for the accounting staff or for the drivers. Everyone in your trucking business is covered with the complete trucking management solution that your trucking business needs.
- The security and ease that comes with using cloud-based software. You’ll never have to worry about whether you have the latest version of TruckingOffice. We handle that on our end. We also safeguard your vital information with the same security protocols that protect billion-dollar businesses all over the globe. All you need is an internet connection to log into TruckingOffice and take care of business. What could be simpler than that?
Trucking Management Solutions: How They Make Your Life Easier
As a trucker, you need to know the difference between trucking software and trucking management solutions. Of course, you will benefit from software that tracks vehicle maintenance or software that tracks fuel use and mileage. But those programs only address a small portion of the information you must record and report daily. With that in mind, wouldn’t you rather have one solution to help with all the record-keeping aspects of your operation?
Think about it this way. All those hours you spend on paperwork could be better spent behind the wheel, right? So, to free up some of your valuable time, you need help with all the other time-consuming administrative tasks that plague you at the end of the day. Our trucking management solutions can make that part of your life easier. Here’s what our TMS can do for you:
- Maintain IFTA compliance.
- Generate invoices to help you get paid on time.
- Assist with dispatch, routing, and driver pay.
- Integrate easily with your ELD.
- Reduce math errors that can result in fines or penalties.
- Track vehicle maintenance to avoid unexpected repairs.
- Secure your information
- Provide easly accessed anytime online.
It’s like having a virtual accountant riding shotgun. Sign up for the free trial below to learn more.
Find out for yourself how good our trucking maintenance software inside our trucking management solution is! Take it for a free test drive, starting today. You’ll be glad you did.