For small owner-operator trucking businesses, ELD hasn’t been a welcome change. It’s seen as invasive. People worry about the government spying on them. There hasn’t been a single benefit to truckers.
TruckingOffice wants to change that. We see the ELD as a part of a full trucking software system to manage your trucking business. For us, ELD and TMS belong together and should work together.
Right now, most dispatching systems do have some kind of system to send a route to a driver: either print outs or maybe a message on a phone or email. Those work, of course, but it’s easy to accidentally delete a text message or an email. And printouts get lost or ruined from spills or dropped on the ground in a rainstorm.
Suppose there was a system that worked from start to finish to smooth out this shipping process.
- When a dispatch is created, the routing is selected and sent directly to the driver. The ELD reports the driver’s activity and arrival at the delivery site.
- Load tracking is simplified: the ELD records the location of the load at regular intervals or on demand.
- When the delivery is complete, the ELD reports the miles per state to the TMS for IRP and IFTA tax filings, and the invoice is sent along with a photo of the signed BOL – all in the same hour.
- Invoices are paid quicker because all of the data is in the same system.
- Maintenance tasks based on mileage are scheduled because the ELD mileage is being tracked by the TMS.
What if you could streamline your business and save yourself hours per week?
Try TruckingOffice ELD and TMS together
Using a single system to manage your trucking business makes sense. You’ll save money and time by having your computerized systems work together.
There aren’t a lot of options on the market that can handle this for you. TruckingOffice is a leader in the TMS/ELD field because we developed our ELD with this end in mind. We are creating a comprehensive trucking management system that is integrated with electronic driver logs.
Once you discover the power of the TMS/ELD system, you’ll see
- fewer errors in your IFTA or IRP reports
- more accurate revenue per mile reports
- better reports to forecast your future success.
It’s a good bet to get started with a complete trucking management software and ELD combination. You can get started too with TruckingOffice TMS at no charge.