We get calls asking about our app sometimes. “It’s not an app,” we say. “It’s a web-based software program. You can access from anywhere you have an Internet connection.”
A lot of people don’t understand that. People might say, “But I want an app” and hang up. They think an app is the modern choice.
Smartphone Apps and Web-Based Programs
A smartphone can run programs on its own computer processor inside the phone. We play games, we send messages, we check Facebook and play podcasts on apps. Hang around some millennials and you’ll probably hear them complain about maxing out their smartphones. That’s the problem. A phone only has so much memory and even adding a memory card isn’t always going to provide enough for your business records.
Wouldn’t you hate to find out while you’re on the road you can’t use your app?
Or worse, lose your phone with all of your business records on it?
So that’s why we don’t sell an app. Too much at risk and not enough security to protect you.
Why web-based trucking software?
It does seem old-fashioned in a world of apps and access, but we know how important your business data is. Of course, it’s not just about getting paid – it’s about the records themselves. You’ve got to prove your
- Miles per state for the IFTA
- Vehicle maintenance for the DOT
- Expenses for the IRS.
Do you want that data only on a phone that you can lose or can drop into a sink or could be stolen?
We didn’t think so either. That’s why TruckingOffice isn’t just an app. It’s more.
You want a program that you can use in your cab with your phone, but keeps your data safe and accessible wherever you are. Then if you’re on the road, you can get to your TruckingOffice account wherever you have a wifi connection or on your phone’s data plan. Back at home, you can get the same data on your desktop. Your accountant can access it at her office when it’s time to file your income taxes. Get audited by the DOT? Your information is easily accessed to prove you’re a responsible trucker.
Upgrading apps vs. web-based programs.
Apps have to upgrade periodically. You’ve got to keep track of upgrades – going to the App Store or the Google Play Store, downloading and worrying about losing your data.
That’s the beauty of TruckingOffice – we take care of the upgrades. You won’t even notice. We’ll manage it all after extensive testing to be sure your service won’t be disrupted.
If you can’t imagine not having an app – don’t worry. You will always get to TruckingOffice through the browser on your phone.
TruckingOffice’s web-based trucking software is a great way to maximize your profit while minimizing your stress.
- We built cutting-edge cyber-protections into our product, the same ones used by multi-billion-dollar corporations around the globe. You can rest easy knowing your business information is protected by state-of-the-art safeguards that are constantly updated by computer experts.
- You can use the product with any web-capable device, from anywhere in North America with an internet connection, any time you like. If you’re in Butte, Montana, and want to update your records from your smartphone, then go right ahead. When you’re in New Jersey and want to check on a shipment from your iPad or Android tablet, no problem. If you can get online, you can use TruckingOffice. It’s that simple.
- It offers features that general-purpose programs like QuickBooks and Microsoft Office just can’t match. We built it from the ground up with the needs of truckers and freight brokers. Don’t get us wrong: those other programs are fine – for accountants. But if you want a web-based trucking software product created with your needs in mind, then TruckingOffice is the only way to go.
- Ease of use. You’ll be amazed how quickly you will pick up the basics of our software. You don’t need a degree in computer science or any technical knowledge whatsoever. If you can use a mouse and tap buttons on a keyboard, then you already have all the skills you need. And if you ever have a question about our web-based software for truckers, then our experts are just a toll-free phone call away.
Find out for yourself how good our web-based trucking software is by taking it for a free test drive. You’ll soon wonder how you ever got along without it.