As a transportation professional, you already know that the April 30th deadline for filing your taxes is fast approaching. What you may not know, though, is that serious penalties await those who fail to turn in their IFTA report on time. Fortunately, TruckingOffice offers powerful tools that can make completing this task easier than ever before.
Some Facts about Filing an IFTA Report
- Late filers are subject to a penalty of either $50 or 10% of their total tax bill, whichever is greater. The $50 charge applies even if you owe no taxes.
- Interest on late IFTA reports begins accumulating the day after they’re due. These penalties are calculated both by the month and by fractions of a month.
- Most states require, or at least greatly prefer, online filing. Those who mail their IFTA report must take a chance on slow delivery times and other risks that can hit them in the pocket, big-time.
The good news is that TruckingOffice is here to help you with the process. Our software offers powerful features like these:
- Automatic mileage calculation using PC*Miler
- Automatic sorting by state
- Easy-entry information screens
- Sorting of fuel gallons by state
- Simple editing of all your IFTA record forms
- Super-accurate calculations that prevent you from under- or overpaying
- Organized, precise records that make an audit much less likely
- NO MATH; we repeat: NO MATH! TruckingOffice frees you from pocket calculators, broken pencils, and endless pages of scribbled notes.
If you’re already using TruckingOffice, now is the time to make sure you’re up to date with all of your dispatches and mileage tracking. If you’ve just started your free trial and want to see how TruckingOffice can make your IFTA filings easier, click here to watch a video on entering dispatches.
We’re so sure that you’ll love TruckingOffice’s IFTA report tools and other features that we will let you take it for a free 30-day test drive on us. And no, we won’t ask you for a credit card or checking account information unless you decide to keep the service. That’s how sure we are that you’ll love our software. So get your one-month complimentary trial started today.