Are you still not convinced about the benefits of an ELD? You’re not alone. In fact, many truckers resisted installing an ELD device as long as they could. Most of them were worried about the HOS compliance constraints. They also felt uncomfortable with the technology itself.
Many truckers didn’t want to switch from familiar paper logbooks to something new. In fact, you may have heard stories about ELDs that made you mistrust the technology. But, the truth is, once drivers used an ELD, they admit they wouldn’t consider switching back to paper logbooks.
So now that ELDs are mandatory, with a few exemptions, let’s look at how the devices can help you reduce expenses. With ELDs, not only will you save money, you’ll be helping keep America’s highways safe for fellow truckers, and regular people, as well. That’s the number one benefit, for sure.
ELDs Help Reduce Expenses in Many Ways
Aside from improved highway safety, ELDs provide several extra benefits to truckers. Owner-operators and fleet owners alike can save time and money while using an ELD. Here are some of the ways it works:
- Expedites inspections. Gets drivers back on the road quicker. The data that inspectors need is easy to access. Time saved is money earned.
- Reduces the burden of paperwork. No more paper log sheets or trip sheets. Just log in to your ELD and start driving. The device automates the HOS process while you drive.
- Prevents HOS violations. Helps you avoid the resulting fines or downtime. How? The ELD issues an alert to remind drivers to pull over for the required breaks.
- Driving status updates. Helps you maintain control over fleets. The data lets you know when a vehicle is moving, idling, or stopped. It also helps you track driving habits. Also, dispatch will find it easier to keep up with drivers and assign loads using this information. This information can result in significant savings.
- Improves customer service. Customers don’t like late deliveries and you don’t like waiting to unload. So, the info provided by an ELD helps everyone. Customers are happy because they know when to expect deliveries. You’re happy because you don’t have to hang around for hours waiting for a dock foreman. It’s wasted time that could be spent driving.
Most likely, ELD trucking is here to stay. In many ways, that’s a good thing. So, if you haven’t gotten on board yet, it’s time to partner with a reliable ELD provider.
Why Choose TruckingOffice as Your ELD Provider?
Like any other product on the market today, not all ELDs are the same. Neither are the providers. So, how do you know which to choose? At TruckingOffice, we knew you’d have that moment of indecision. We want you to know what to expect from our product and assure you that we’ve got your back if you have any problems with our system.
Our ELDs are DOT compliant, affordable, and easy to install. We designed the device with drivers in mind. The simplicity of the dashboard and driver log will have you feeling like a pro in no time.
Here’s another feature you’ll enjoy: our ELD integrates with the TruckingOffice TMS to help you manage all aspects of your trucking business. All in all, you’ll save time and money, and the reduced stress will allow you to truly enjoy being a trucker.
Learn more about our system with this free trial of our TMS. Or, order a complete ELD system now with monthly or annual plans. Thank you for your interest in TruckingOffice. We want to help you succeed as a trucking business owner.