TruckingOffice fleet maintenance management software can save you time in two ways. One, it simplifies the process of maintaining your vehicles with at-a-glance screens that are easy to review and update as needed. Two, it helps to prevent problems that can lead to breakdowns, poor gas mileage, and even accidents.
Here at TruckingOffice, we’re always trying to make life better for busy transportation professionals like yourself. So here are some handy maintenance tips to keep in mind:
- Keep your truck’s coolant system free of leaves, dirt, bugs, and other debris. This is vital to prevent overheating.
- Keep an eye on your belts and hoses. These parts can fail at the worst possible times, leaving you stuck in the middle of a crowded city or, just as bad, in the American southwest during July.
- Listen as well as look. Many problems such as worn brakes or suspension components first show up as weird noises.
- Follow the maintenance schedule recommended by the manufacturer. Keep careful records of these inspections. They may be just what you need to defend your reputation in case of an incident on the road.
- Remember that the person who operates the rig is just as important to safe driving as the equipment itself. So take care of your mental and physical health. Get plenty of sleep, watch your diet, take regular breaks, and exercise regularly. Check with your healthcare professional if you’re having any problems that might affect your well-being. This is important not only for your sake but for that of everyone who uses the nation’s roads.
We hope these tips help you to stay safe and happy, both now and in the coming new year. While you’re on our website, check out our TruckingOffice fleet maintenance management software for yourself. And remember, we offer a free 30-day test drive at no obligation to you.