We have set aside the two best ways to get your authority. You may choose to do it yourself, or use our partner GLauthority.com
The Steps to Do it Yourself
- Determine the type of operation authority
- Name your company and determine if you will classify as a sole proprietor, a partnership, or a corporation.
- Be approved for primary liability and cargo insurance.
- Make sure you have startup money for the authority filing fee, insurance, permits, base plates, equipment and enrollment in a drug/alcohol program.
- New entrant registration requires for-hire motor carriers to complete an OP-1(P) form, the BOC-3 form, and pay the Federal fee for authority of $300. (Private carriers are not required to file an OP-1 or BOC-3 or pay the fee)
- Complete the Motor Carrier Identification Report and Safety Certification Application for a USDOT number.
For more information about getting your own authority, click here or contact OOIDA at (1-800-444-5791)
Get Your Authority from GLAuthority.com
- Packages starting at $550, which include both federal and state fees.
- NO applications to fill out, they handle all the paperwork!
- Multiple packages to choose from based on your operating authority.
- Prepare both Federal and State permits in one package deal.
- GLauthority.com gives you access to GetLoaded load board FREE for your first 2 months.
- As a TruckingOffice customer you receive $50-$100 off your GLauthority package!
To learn more visit glauthority.com or call (866-265-3172)
TruckingOffice is here when you are ready!
Getting your own authority is an exciting step, and we cant wait to have you as a customer.
After you have gotten approved, take us for a FREE 30 day test drive and discover how you can maximize success for your new business!